Our Holiday Message – Job Creation Challenge
Through our community outreach contributions and member involvement, we, at Cavanaugh & Associates, P.A., strive to help create more productive and enriched communities. In 2006, we established, The Cavanaugh Fund, to set aside certain monies in order to focus our giving. We have traditionally engaged this fund each year at Christmas to assist our communities with a particular need. As unemployment figures continue to be higher than we all hoped at this time, our fund managers have recognized the need and have chosen to invest in job creation. We have earmarked $2,500 to be set aside each year, and partnered with Winston-Salem Business, Inc. (WSBI) to develop a “Job Creation Challenge Grant,” in honor of our clients, partners, and friends of the firm. As the mission of WSBI is to recruit and promote business development, which facilitates growth and new jobs in our area, we hope that Cavanaugh’s gift of $2,500 will multiply forward and leverage additional funds from our friends and fellow businesses that choose to support WSBI for their holiday gifting. In that manner, with as little as ten friends participating, the Job Creation Challenge Grant could easily expand to $25,000 or more, earmarked for job creation/expansion and helping the underemployed right in our community.
We would like to thank our project partners and clients for all our blessings this year, and ask that you celebrate with us a few examples of our collective efforts to enrich the welfare and the prosperity of the communities where we live and work:
- The Commissioning of the Fairforest WWTP Septage and Grease Receiving Station for Spartanburg Water: A regional solution; the first of it’s kind-Innovative Grease/Septage Waste Management System
- Collaboration/Operations Assistance on the Swine Waste-to-Energy Anaerobic Digester Project at Loyd Ray Farms in Yadkinville, NC: A project turning hog waste into green energy, and an important step in reducing greenhouse gas emissions, first renewable energy project in NC to generate REC’s
- Gates County Economic Development Project: Bringing much-needed jobs to rural NC
- Surf City/ Juniper Swamp Irrigation Project: Positive news of economic growth in NC
- Macon Water Efficiency Program- Macon, Georgia: A landmark program of water conservation and economic efficiency, leading the way for other utilities
These are just some of the many successes we have enjoyed with out clients this year. We are thankful for all our opportunities and relationships, existing and new, and consider all of our client relationships a special blessing.
We ask that God will continue to Bless you and your families in 2012, and we wish you all a Very, Merry Christmas!