Gus simmons, director of bioenergy
Gus Simmons and Jeff Cappadona accept the award in the Biotech area at the 2017 Coastal Entrepreneur Awards
Part of the Cavanaugh mission is to help utilities and owners understand the importance of moving away from inherited business behaviors that have not kept up with innovations in technology and ways to better manage the resources they have been entrusted.
Cavanaugh has been guiding policy internationally, nationally, and locally to simultaneously understand that utilities and owners are busy and need to discover the need to make a change from the status quo through presentations, white papers, case studies, workshops, one-to-one phone calls and engaging conversations. Cavanaugh helps to convey the importance of doing and being something better. On a state by state basis, the map below shows where we are actively speaking and engaged in policy making to promote water stewardship efforts.
The strategy is to communicate with the utility leadership, the operator and certification boards who promote training, the regulatory community which sets the guidance and standards of operation, and the educational institutions to embrace best practice curriculum.
Internationally, Cavanaugh recognizes that innovation and creativity is born from having to do more with less and coming from areas of scarcity and intentional management. Cavanaugh has forged international partnerships across the globe for collaboration on projects and information and idea exchange by embracing and understanding that we can learn and grow together. We believe that we are in great company to effect lasting change. Fortunately, our peers have recognized this innovative spirit and have honored us with the following awards:
- 2015 ACEC/NC Honor Award for Engineering Excellence from American Council of Engineering Companies of North Carolina for for Karen Beasley Sea Turtle Rescue and Rehabilitation Center
- 2014 National Honor Engineer Excellence Award from American Council of Engineering Companies for Georgia Statewide training
- 2014 ACEC/NC Honor Engineer Excellence Award from American Council of Engineering Companies for Georgia Statewide training
- 2013 Grand Award for Engineering Excellence from the American Council of Engineering Companies (ACEC)
- 2013 Grand Award for Engineering Excellence from the American Council of Engineering Companies of North Carolina (ACEC/NC)
- 2012 Business Innovation Award for LRF
- 2010 Top 50 Entrepreneurs
- 2007 Zweig White Hot Firms – Top 200
- 2007 Biz Life Movers and Shakers
- 2002 National Recognition Award from the American Council of Engineering Companies
- 2002 International Award for Rajac – Iasi (ApaVital) ACEC/NC Engineering Excellence Award